It is intended for persons travelling by car in Europe, i.e. it covers insurance events and accidents which happened within the territory of the following countries: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Montenegro, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Spain, the Netherlands, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Latvia, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Sweden, Turkey (European part), Ukraine, Vatican City, Hungary, the United Kingdom, Italy.
It is important that the owner/co-owner of the vehicle or its everyday user be one of the travellers.
Car assistance insurance includes the organization and coverage of the costs of assistance in the event of theft or immobilisation of a vehicle occurring as a result of any of the following events:
- vehicle breakdown
- collision of vehicles preventing further driving in accordance with the laws of the country in which the event occurred
- sudden contact of the vehicle with persons, animals or objects coming from outside of the vehicle
- fire, explosion, sinking or sudden act of natural forces
- vandalism / third party action
- discharge of the battery
- loss, damage or locking inside the car of the car keys (factory devices) used for opening and starting up the vehicle
- flat or damaged tyre
- being out of fuel or having wrong fuel in the vehicle tank as well as fuel freeze-up in the tank
- vehicle stuck in mud, sand, or snow, with the exclusion of off-road sports
- theft of vehicle parts
Under the car assistance insurance the Insurer will cover the costs and organise the following services:
- on-the-spot repairs
- vehicle towing
- fuel delivery
- replacement car
- picking up the vehicle after repair
- continuation of travel/ return home
- lodging during the time of repair
- information assistance (help in reporting a loss, translation assistance in contacts with law enforcement, assistance in finding a car repair workshop).
Car assistance insurance is offered for cars which:
- do not have a steering wheel on the right side of the car
- are not rented or hired
- in the case of leased cars or company cars they will not be used for commercial purposes while travelling.