What is phishing?
It's an attempt to catch you in scammers' nets, who e.g. impersonate your bank.
What for? To make you pass your personal data, login or payment card details. As a result, your account or card will be accessed by unauthorized persons who can order transactions or impersonate you.
But how? The scammers send e-mails or SMS-s persuading to act immediately, such as:
- 'Your bank account has been blocked'
- 'Pay fee for your card'
- 'Your parcel has been withheld due to underpayment, settle the arrears'
- 'On ... the execution was initiated. Possibility of amicable repayment for PLN 8.44'
- Do not click on links and do not download any applications unless you know the sender of the message.
- You will never receive such a message from Bank Millennium, because we do not send any links in e-mails or SMS.
- If you log on to the Bank's website, make sure that the connection is encrypted (the padlock in the address bar should be closed).
- If something looks different than usual, please do not log in - we always inform about it when we change something on the login page.
- On the login page, we always ask for only two randomly selected characters of the identifier - never enter the entire PESEL number or the entire document number.