Update your browser to the latest version in order to use all functions and increase your online safety.Update the browser
Bank Millennium is a peer of Polish transformation.
It arose in 1989 as one of the first Polish banks with private equity (it was launched under the name of Bank Inicjatyw Gospodarczych BIG SA). Following the 1990 IPO it became a private bank. At that time the Bank was focusing on corporate business. Building its foundations the Bank issued the first payment card in Poland – Visa for business customers (1991) and began its leasing operation. In 1992 the Bank's shares were the first shares of a financial institution to make a debut on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. In that same year the Bank acquired Łódzki Bank Rozwoju SA – the first takeover of a private bank in the post-war history of the Polish financial market.
Thanks to the rapid development of its product and service range the Bank soon became a universal bank. An important milestone in this process was the merger with Bank Gdański SA (1997) and the emergence of BIG Bank Gdański SA – an institution with a universal business profile, providing services to all market segments. A year later – with cooperation of the Portuguese Banco Comercial Portugues (BCP), the Bank launched the modern Millennium retail network, thus marking the start of a new era in Polish retail banking.
Since 2003 the Bank has been operating under the name of Bank Millennium, its business mission focusing on the delivery of universal, modern financial products and services to all Customer segments as well as generating growth of Shareholder value. The Bank offers its services through a chain of branches, internet, phone and mobile banking to private customers (in the retail, Prestige and Private Banking segments), to self-employed persons and microbusiness, as well as small, medium and large companies in the Corporate Banking segment.
Below please find Bank Millennium's history milestones year-by-year.
history milestones year-by-year
- Select the year
- In connection with Russia's invasion of Ukraine and the unprecedented humanitarian crisis, the Bank has actively joined in helping Ukrainians, especially those arriving in Poland. As a gesture of solidarity, it efficiently and quickly introduced a number of amenities in his products and services – it exempted customers of Ukrainian nationality from fees for account service, payment card and all ATM withdrawals; simplified the way of opening accounts and made the Trusted Profile available to people with PESEL. In total, in 2022, the Bank allocated 1 ml PLN to co-finance non--governmental organisations involved in supporting and caring for refugees from Ukraine. The entire community of the Bank's employees joined the aid activities, launching, among others, a special edition of the grant programme #sluchaMYwspieraMY.
- On the Millenet website, mobile application and in branches, the Bank has made available an investment advisory service, it has also enabled the electronic submission of applications for the Family 500+ programme for the new benefit period.
- In cooperation with Asseco Data Systems, it introduced a service of qualified validation and maintenance of e-signatures - in the processes of remote service of enterprises, it provided the possibility of automated checking of validity and maintenance of electronic signatures and seals.
- It published the ESG Report of Bank Millennium and Bank Millennium Group for 2021. The report presents in detail the Bank and Group’s involvement in sustainable ESG development ( ESG environmental, social, governance).
- In the Refinitiv ranking (formerly Reuters), the Bank's team of economists took first place in the summary of macroeconomic forecasts for 2021 (in the last five years it was in the top three four times on this list) and was at the top of the ranking of the best forecasters of the "Parkiet" daily.
- The Bank was once again on the podium in the ranking of satisfaction of individual customers, according to the report "Banks’ retail customer satisfaction monitor" by ARC Rynek i Opinia. Millennium became leader in the Contact Points category (hotline, branch visit, electronic banking and mobile application, website), and in the customers’ referral as well as satisfaction and loyalty ranking it came second.
- In April, the Polish Financial Supervision Authority approved the first prospectus of Millennium Bank Hipoteczny. This decision enabled Bank Hipoteczny to issue mortgage covered bonds in the territory of Poland, on the terms set out in the prospectus.
- In reply to the changing customers’ expectations the Bank introduced Millennium 360° - a new, free-of-charge account, combined with an even wider offer of personalised services in the mobile app. Other additional services include refunds for purchases, a currency package to the card and CyberSupport.
- In May in 8 Polish cities cinemas hosted the 19th edition of Poland's largest documentary film festival Millennium Docs Against Gravity (the online part lasted until June 5). The event gathered 138,000 viewers, and 60,000 people took part in accompanying events. The Bank was the patron of the festival for the seventeenth time.
- The Bank's long-term activities for sustainable development have once again been recognized with the CSR Golden Leaf of the Polityka weekly, addressed to companies that strategically implement the highest standards of social responsibility in their operations. In addition, as part of the Climate Awareness of Companies survey based on the content of ESG reports for 2021, the Bank received the title of "Climate-Conscious Company 2022".
- In the Best Bank Awards and World's Best Digital Banks competitions organized by the "Global Finance" magazine, Bank Millennium was recognised as the Best Bank in Poland and the Best Digital Bank in Poland. The Bank also received awards in 3 other categories: The Best Integrated Consumer Banking Site in Central and Eastern Europe; The Best Integrated Corporate Banking Site in Central and Eastern Europe; The Best Information Security and Fraud Management in Central and Eastern Europe.
- In the 7th edition of the "Institution of the Year" ranking of the mojebankowanie.pl portal, the Millennium application was recognised by customers as the most user-friendly. In the overall assessment, the Bank itself was in the high 3rd place. We also took 3rd place in the competition for the "Best Bank of 2022" organised by "Gazeta Bankowa" and again received the title of Service Quality Star – another award awarded by consumer votes.
- As part of a separate unit of the Bank under the name of Bank Millennium Brokerage Office, we have integrated brokerage services with banking services. The division of Millennium Dom Maklerski into two parts, planned from 2021, as a result of which the Bank took over the brokerage business, was registered by the competent registry court in July 2022.
- Also from July entrepreneurs can use the new Millennium POS application, which allows you to accept payments with a smartphone or tablet with Internet access, which means that the phone or tablet turns into a payment terminal. These devices accept contactless transactions with a card, smartphone and other devices with an NFC module.
- We became a patron of the exhibition of photographs of Polish photographers “Solidarity”, showing the drama of refugees from war-torn Ukraine and the extraordinary solidarity of Poles. The exhibition was presented in three outdoor locations: in Gdańsk Oliwa, Warsaw and Chełm.
- For the second time, in cooperation with the Martyna Wojciechowska Unaweza Foundation and the #CorinneRunsForGood campaign, we funded a scholarship for one of the Ukrainian Paralympians who wants to fight for fitness and a medal during the Paralympic Games in 2024.
- In the autumn and winter, after working hours, we turned off the light boards in branches and offices of the headquarters in Warsaw, Wrocław and Gdańsk. In this way, we encouraged saving and reducing electricity consumption.
- We have modernised two Gdańsk head offices - at Targ Drzewny and at ul. Grunwaldzka. The new office space is modern, ecological, adapted to the changing style of work. The project, which reduced i.a. building maintenance costs and the carbon footprint, was implemented in accordance with a responsible approach to resource use.
- In order to check the involvement of Polish regions in green transformation, we have developed the “Millennium Eco-index - the potential of eco-innovation of regions". The report was prepared in cooperation with substantive partners: the Polish Patent Office, the AGH University of Science and Technology in Kraków and the Warsaw School of Economics.
- In Millenet for Companies we have made it possible to log in to the factoring system via the electronic banking system. Since November, this is the only path of customer login to the system. The change is part of the process of digitalisation of services in the area of factoring.
- The 11th edition of the “Like it? Share it" program took place, in which the customer could recommend the Millennium 360° account any number of times and receive a maximum of 10 rewards. Each of the people invited by him could collect the reward after meeting certain conditions.
- From November, sole traders can get a cash loan completely online on the Millenet website and in the mobile app. The possibility applies to persons who have received an offer prepared on the basis of the history of their cooperation with the Bank and meet its conditions.
- The Management Board approved the Bank Millennium Group’s ESG Strategy for 2022-2024. The Strategy is a development and specification of environmental, social and corporate governance objectives presented in the Bank’s strategy. Implementing ESG goals and initiatives will allow work for sustainable development.
- We have extended our long-term cooperation with WWF. Partnership under the slogan: "Take care of the forest! The home of animals, the breath of people, climate protection" will contribute to the increase of ecological awareness of all of us. As part of the cooperation, the Bank provided WWF with money for statutory activities supporting the protection of forest ecosystems.
- Bank Millennium is the best digital bank in Newsweek’s Friendly Bank ranking! In this year’s edition we came 1st in the category “Remote Banking” and 2nd in the main category “Bank for Mr. Kowalski”. We proved to be unrivalled in remote banking, winning in all 5 subcategories, which, as the organisers comment, is a rarity.
- We received the title of Reliable Employer of the Year 2022 (awarded to companies guided by care for safety, working conditions and employee development) and, in the ranking of "Financial Times" and Statista, the title of European Diversity Leader 2023. Thus, we found ourselves among the employers who support and promote diversity.
- Together with Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego the Bank continued implementation of three guarantee programmes for companies: De minimis guarantee programme, programme of guarantees from the Liquidity Guarantee Fund and Biznesmax guarantee programme.
- In January the Bank enabled companies, which ended-up in a difficult situation involved with the coronavirus pandemic, to apply for support under the Financial Shield 2.0 in Bank Millennium’s Internet banking system.
- The Bank launched a mortgage loan with temporarily fixed interest rate. Customers can now choose between a loan with fixed interest rate (it remains unchanged for 5 years regardless of any changes of interest rates on the market) and a loan with variable rate.
- Bank Millennium has been acclaimed one of ten most digitally advanced European banks according to Bain&Company’s latest benchmarking. The benchmarking was made on the basis of analysis of the degree of digitalisation in more than top 50 banks in Europe.
- In March Millennium won the Celent Model Bank award for open banking services, which were being steadily implemented in 2020. The bank’s solutions were seen to be an excellent example of best practice in implementing projects, which have significant influence on business results and on the sector as a whole.
- Bank Millennium came second on the ranking list of best employers in banking and financial services. The ranking, with participation of more than 10000 employees, was prepared and published by the Forbes magazine. The project’s substantive partner was Statista – the co-author of the most renowned “Best Employers” rankings worldwide.
- In May the Management Boards of Bank Millennium and Millennium Dom Maklerski took a decision about the planned split-up of Millennium Dom Maklerski, where the Bank is the acquiring company. It is the first step towards transferring all of the brokerage business to the Bank and integrating brokerage services within one company.
- Also in May the Polish Financial Supervision Authority licensed the operational activity of a mortgage bank under the name of “Millennium Bank Hipoteczny Spółka Akcyjna”. In this way the Group has gained access to financing assets with the use of covered bonds. The Bank went live with its business on 14 June.
- Kids aged 7 to 12 have now available a dedicated mobile app and payment card together with the Bank’s Konto 360o Junior account. The app as well as the card boasts a design attractive to children, which was developed with input from them.
- In the Golden Banker poll our mortgage loan was hailed the Polish market’s best. The Bank was also among the top three in the „Golden Bank – our multichannel service quality” category; it was also recognised for supporting a project as part of corporate social responsibility.
- For its open banking services the Bank was hailed an eminent innovator in retail banking and received Special Honours in The Innovators 2021 recognition programme organised by the Global Finance magazine. We were also hailed Best Bank in Poland in the annual Best Bank Awards competition by the same organiser.
- As was the case last year, the Bank was awarded the CSR Golden Leaf by Polityka weekly, which is given to companies whose activity in corporate social responsibility and sustainable development gets highest scores.
- “Bank Millennium. Inspired by you” has been the new slogan of Millennium brand since September. The new slogan is the response to the on-going changes - economic and social digitisation as well as different customer preferences than before the pandemic.
- The Bank became one of the patrons of a unique in Europe research and educational project “Uwierz w siebie” (Believe in Yourself) exploring areas of self-esteem, the impact of appearance on self-assessment and self-confidence. The project was conducted by Prof. A. Przegalińska, Prof. R. Ohme AND NEUROHM in a joint effort with Kozminski University and Gorillajob.
- Bank Millennium, as the first bank on the market, provided BLIK contactless payments in brick-and-mortar shops in Poland and worldwide. Now, instead of entering the BLIK code you just need to unlock your phone and hold it against the payment terminal. Payments do not require linking-up a payment card to the application.
- In corporate banking, the Bank offered companies a functionality of digital two-way exchange of documents in Millenet for Companies online service. The document exchange module is yet another stage of digitising business processes.
- This year, yet again, Millennium Docs Against Gravity Documentary Film Festival whose titular patron is the Bank, was held in a hybrid format. Between 3rd and 12th of September, there were cinema shows, and then from 16th of September until 3rd of October the films and events were available online. The Bank was the patron of the Festival for the 16th time, and this year it extended the cooperation for the next three years.
- The Bank received the Best Consumer Digital Bank in Poland award for 2021 in the World’s Best Digital Banks competition organised by the renowned Global Finance Magazine. It came as yet another international award for the Millennium’s achievements this year.
- On December 6, Bank Millennium Group announced a new strategy for 2022-2024 entitled “Inspired by people” It has included key elements of future activities - constant customer care, smart growth and continuous improvement of profitability. In accordance with its strategy, the Bank plans to meet the growing, post-pandemic expectations of customers and shareholders. By 2024 the Bank aspires to reach 2 bn PLN net profit (ex costs involved with the FX mortgage loans portfolio) and ROE (without the above-mentioned costs) at approx. 14,0%.
- In October, the first loans of Bank Millennium were transferred to Millennium Bank Hipoteczny – over a thousand loans appeared in its systems, and 16 land and mortgage register courts throughout the country received applications signed by both banks to change the creditor in the land and mortgage registers of real estate securing these loans.
- In the 4th quarter, #słuchaMYwspieraMY - a new grant program for employee volunteering of the Bank Millennium Foundation, was launched, in which it was possible to receive up to PLN 4,900 gross to help others. What counted was the idea, the number of volunteers and the long-term impact of the action on the life of the local community. The Foundation awarded grants to 21 project leaders, 139 volunteers took part in the actions, and 2638 beneficiaries received support.
- Millennium has been the winner of this year's edition of the "Newsweek's Friendly Bank" ranking and it is a return to the ranking tops in a big way. The Bank took the first place in the "Bank for Kowalski" category and second in the "Remote Banking" category, as one of the two banks that dominated the ranking. The bank was at the forefront in all aspects of service assessment, especially in the field of mobile banking.
- In the Latest Financial Times ranking of “European Diversity Leaders 2022”, 850 employers have been selected from 15,000 companies to support and promote diversity in their organisations. Bank Millennium is one of them. The ranking was prepared on the basis of the opinions of 100000 employees and experts dealing with human resources and recruitment.
- Bank Millennium was also in the third place in the TOP 200 Best Polish Brands ranking. TOP 200 of Best Polish Brands is a ranking created by „Forbes” magazine in cooperation with the Minds8Roses research company. The ranking takes into account the financial value of brands and compares how precious are those created in the world of finance or trade.
- Developers associated in the Polish Association of Developer Companies for the fifteenth time assessed banks in terms of cooperation in the field of financing and servicing residential development investments – Bank Millennium was, as last year, on the podium taking third place.
- According to the report "Banks’ retail customer satisfaction monitor" ARC Rynek i Opinia, the Bank became the leader of the ranking of individual customers in the category "Contact points" (hotline, visit to the branch, electronic banking and mobile application, website) and was second in the ranking of recommendations as well as customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- From mid-March the unprecedented crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic has seriously disrupted the economy and social life. The Bank’s priority became care for the life and health of people, maintaining operational capability, a guarantee of availability of funds and seamless management of customers’ finances.
- Immediately after the pandemic outbreak the Bank launched aid actions targeted at customers and was encouraging to bank safely without leaving home.
- Most employees were working remotely; branches remained open with observance of safety rules, Internet and mobile banking were working normally.
- The Bank Millennium Foundation and Bank Millennium donated 500 000 PLN to the Bioorganic Chemistry Institute of the Polish Academy of Sciences from Poznan for the support of implementing the first Polish coronavirus tests.
- The Bank completely revamped several most popular services and introduced new online solutions and services (i.a. tapping the potential of open banking). Because of the pandemic it enhanced educational activity and customer education in using online channels.
- In June Polish Financial Supervision Authority informed about permission to set up a mortgage bank under the name of “Millennium Bank Hipoteczny Spółka Akcyjna”. Creation of Millennium Bank Hipoteczny is another important step in the Group’s development.
- The number of active retail clients exceeded 2,6 million. Over 2,05 million customers (+12% y/y) were using electronic banking actively while the mobile app was in use by 1,7 million (+18% y/y).
- Sales of mortgage loans reached the record-high value of 6,8 bln PLN (+ 57% over the previous year), with their market share growing to 12,2%. For the first time the number of debit cards issued exceeded 3 million.
- During 4 quarters of the year provisions created for legal risk connected with the portfolio of FX mortgage loans granted by Bank Millennium totalled 677 mln PLN.
- 2020 was the last year of the Bank’s 3-year strategy. Due to the epidemiological situation the decision was taken to extend the strategy by one more year and to prepare a new one for 2022-2024.
- In 2020 the Bank was awarded the CSR Golden Leaf of Polityka weekly, thus joining the exclusive club of institutions with the highest scores as regards CSR. In earlier years the Bank was awarded a Silver Leaf as many as five times.
- In 2020 the Bank was among the top three as many as four times in the Stars of Banking 2020 competition organised by Dziennik Gazeta Prawna and PwC. It became the Growth Star, came second in the Customer Relationship category and third in the main category Star of Innovation.
- For the fifteenth time Bank Millennium was a sponsor of Millennium Docs Against Gravity. For the first time the Festival was taking place in hybrid format (cinema shows + online on the MDAG.pl website). 150 films were shown, with the film shows gathering an audience of 65000 in keeping with sanitary requirements and the online part being watched by 60000 people.
- Thanks to shows with audio description sponsored by the Bank, the Millennium Docs Against Gravity shows were also seen by elderly persons, persons with sight and hearing disabilities as well as dyslexia and intellectual impairments.
- As a sponsor of culture the Bank also supported Sacrum Profanum, a contemporary music festival organised by Krakowskie Biuro Festiwalowe. For the first time in its history the Festival took place online.
- In competitions organised by Global Finance Magazine the Bank was hailed the best provider of trade finance solutions in Poland (“The Best Trade Finance Provider in Poland” title) and The Best Consumer Digital Bank in Poland for 2020.
- The Bank’s web site was declared the best in the category Best Consumer Integrated Bank Site in Central and Eastern Europe for 2020 by the Global Finance Magazine.
- In the “Climate Leaders Poland 2021” ranking by Forbes magazine, Millennium won the second place, with a result of 34% annual reduction of emissions intensity, among companies from Poland taking part in it.
- Beata Krupińska, Director of the Marketing Communication Department and Member of the Management Board of Millennium Goodie, became the CMO of the Year according to the Media Marketing Polska magazine, while Halina Karpińska, Director of the Electronic Banking Department was acclaimed the Personality of the Year in the Institution of the Year ranking.
- The goodie shopping app was downloaded 2,2 million times. Goodie owes its dynamic development (12 mln PLN cashback accrued and 30000 eCards sold) to new services and active forms of promotion.
- The most important event of 2019 was the merger with Euro Bank. The acquisition deal was closed on 31 May, the legal merger of the two banks took place on 1 October and the fully successful operational merger was on 11 November. Integration of the potential and best practice of Bank Millennium ad Euro Bank allowed a stronger and more competitive bank to be created. The number of active retail customers increased to 2,6 million.
- The Bank was acclaimed as the Customer Experience leader in the financial sector on the list of TOP 100 Brands prepared by KPMG in Poland and was in the top ten out of one hundred best brands in Poland.
- In spring customers began to use New Digital Experience, i.e. the new Millenet internet system and mobile app. They use technologies and solutions, which are unique on the Polish market and also have an exceptional design.
- The Bank keeps supporting intercultural development - in 2019 for the third time it granted a scholarship for the best undergraduate student of Portuguese language studies. This is the result of cooperation of Bank Millennium with the University of Warsaw and the Camões Institute.
- The goodie shopping app has been downloaded 1,5 million times already. The goodie platform owes its dynamic growth to the continuous stream of new services (e.g. virtual gift card) and active promotion.
- As a sponsor of culture the Bank was supporting the Wisława Szymborska Foundation, including an exhibition of the Nobel prize winner’s manuscripts in Kraków; the Sacrum Profanum festival - seventeen concerts of contemporary music; and Bella Skyway Festival – the biggest festival of light in Europe.
- The Bank won the Service Quality Star award given by customers to the friendliest companies in Poland. It also won the Institution of the Year ranking in the categories: “Best quality of service in remote channels” and “Best quality of service in a branch”.
- More than 92 000 people attended the 16th Millennium Docs Against Gravity Film Festival, which Bank Millennium has been a sponsor of since 14 years. Thanks to shows with audiodescription sponsored by the Bank i.a. 120 persons with sight and hearing disabilities could experience the films.
- Bank Millennium was hailed Best Bank in Poland in the annual Best Bank Awards competition organised by the renowned Global Finance Magazine. The choice was made by the magazine’s editors, banking experts and readers.
- The Bank again won the CSR Silver Leaf for implementing highest standards of corporate social responsibility in its daily activity (ethics management systems, social commitment, minimising environmental impact etc.).
- In this year’s edition of the Golden Banker ranking, Bank Millennium stood on the podium three times. It was i.a. first in the “Socially Sensitive Bank” category for Financial ABCs - a kindergarten children financial education programme.
- Starting from this year personal customers can already pay with Apple Pay. In April the Bank launched Apple Pay payments, thanks to which users of iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch) can conveniently pay with a phone wherever the contactless payments logo is displayed.
- The Bank won the “Transparent Company of the Year” ranking. The ranking recognises companies, which communicate with the market in the most transparent and regular way. The Bank scored the highest number of points among all ranked companies.
- Millennium also made it to the top three in the Ranking of Banks by the Bank Monthly - it came 1st in the “Access” category and 2nd in “Bank for Young People”. The Bank was acclaimed as the best bank in Poland in building customer relationships in the Stars of Banking competition organised by Dziennik Gazeta Prawna and PwC.
- Millennium was the first bank in Poland to launch in its mobile app the Autopay service - automatic motorway toll payment from Blue Media. Thanks to this service customers can travel on a motorway without having to stop at the toll gates.
- The Bank also introduced the Cronto token with a graphic code reader, an innovative device for logging on and authorising transactions for corporate customers. It is the first solution in Poland to be based on proprietary Cronto technology from OneSpan.
- CEO Joao Bras Jorge was among winners of BrandMe CEO plebiscite by Forbes magazine. The plebiscite jury recognised 11 leaders from various industries and sectors, looking at their genuineness, transparency, courage and carrying out their missions with passion.
- In the ARC Rynek i Opinia “2019 Bank retail customers satisfaction monitor” survey the Bank was 1st in “Satisfaction and Loyalty”. It also reached the highest NPS result of 52 points among Polish banks (with an average of 38).
- In a similar survey of customers’ behaviours and preferences by Bain & Company advisers, the Bank also had the highest NPS result among Polish banks (it increased 10 points over the previous year to 43).
- Employees of Bank Millennium and former Euro Bank took part in the “Our People: Together to the Moon” charity action. It involved “covering” together the distance between the Earth and the Moon. The Bank was giving 1 PLN for charity, for each kilometre covered - altogether giving more than 380,000 PLN.
- The Bank aligned its services with the requirements of PSD2. It introduced a new method of activating electronic channels as well as additional security features when logging on and authenticating transactions. It was one of the first on the market to launch the production open banking interface compliant with the PolishAPI standard.
- In Deloitte’s report, which looks at digital maturity of banks in almost 40 countries in Europe and the Middle East, we came up among digital leaders of the region. We were described as a digitally mature bank, well prepared for the challenges of open banking, already now offering many non-banking services.
- All essential work involved with implementation of new GDPR provisions in processes relating to customer information management, was completed. The bank is aligned with GDPR in all key areas.
- In the 17th edition of “Newsweek’s Friendly Bank” ranking we won the 1st place in the “Mobile Banking” category, 2nd place in “Bank for Mr. Kowalski” and 3rd place in “Internet Banking” and “Mortgage Banking”.
- Chairman of the Management Board Joao Bras Jorge came second in the Banker of the Year 2018 ranking by “Forbes” magazine and was re-elected as chairman of Polish-Portuguese Chamber of Commerce.
- In Warsaw School of Economics we opened the Co-working Centre for start-ups 317G, in which students and graduates can develop their entrepreneurship.
- The Bank won the Service Quality Star award given by customers to the friendliest companies in Poland; it also won in the Institution of the Year ranking in categories: “Best Quality of Service in a Branch” and “Quality of Service in Remote Channels”.
- For the eleventh time Bank Millennium was included in the Respect Index – index of socially responsible companies listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange; it also won the “Transparent Company of the Year” ranking for companies in mWIG40 index, which communicate with the market in a transparent way.
- In this year’s edition of “Golden Banker” Konto 360° was found to be the best on the market; the Bank won the title of safest bank in Poland and the top three included the Impresja credit card and the Financial ABCs educational programme.
- The Bank again won the CSR Silver Leaf for implementing highest standard of corporate social responsibility in its daily activity; it also won the “Website Without Barriers” competition, which promotes access to digital information for disabled, elderly and poor persons as well as those threatened with digital exclusion.
- “Travel assistance” widget - a button to quickly contact the insurer, available with travel insurance in the Bank’s mobile app, won awards in The Innovators 2018 and in Efma-Accenture Innovation in Insurance Awards 2018.
- The Bank applied to Polish Financial Supervision Authority for permission to set up a mortgage bank under the name of “Millennium Bank Hipoteczny” with its seat in Warsaw. This will be another company in the bank’s capital group.
- Customers are already using the Bank’s new website and the new logon page - the visual layer and information layout were changed and the website was optimised with w view to its use on mobile devices.
- The Bank was listed among Polish companies in developed market indexes created by FTSE Russell. Next to other companies, the bank was included in small cap index.
- On 1st November, on the basis of the Polish Financial Supervision Authority’s decision the Bank took over management of assets of Spółdzielcza Kasa Oszczędnościowo-Kredytowa Piast (SKOK Piast) credit union.
- On 5 November Bank Millennium and Société Générale signed an agreement on Euro Bank acquisition by Bank Millennium. The transaction involved our purchase of approx. 99,79% shares of Euro Bank. UOKiK has already agreed to the takeover of control over Euro Bank. After KNF acceptance the bank’s will merge in the second half of 2019.
- In the ARC Rynek i Opinia “Bank retail customers satisfaction monitor” survey the Bank was 1st in “Satisfaction”, “Interface assessment” and “Assessment of fees and commissions” categories. It also reached the highest NPS score (61) among banks in Poland.
- In December all required changes of the amended Payment Services Act, which transposed PSD2, were implemented. As a payment institution the Bank is fully prepared to provide customer service in accordance with the new rules.
- The Bank announced a new strategy for 2018-2020 – it intends to generate PLN 1bn net profit in 2020 and ROE at top three banks in Poland level. It is also planning further digitalisation, customer centricity and behavioural personalisation.
- The Bank launched goodie – an intuitive shopping platform of modern design and available to everyone. Goodie was developed as an internal start-up.
- The “Like it? Share it!” recommendation programme took-off. Thanks to this programme customers can recommend to their friends that they open a Konto 360°account and get attractive rewards.
- Tokenisation of all types of payment cards was introduced i.e. it is now possible to create a virtual counterpart of a card in a phone. In this way holders of the Bank’s cards can make contactless payments with their phone.
- The Bank joined the partnership for UN Sustainable Development Goals and the “Euromoney” financial sector magazine hailed it as Central and Eastern Europe’s best bank for Corporate Social Responsibility.
- 25 years have passed since the Bank and the banking sector went public on the stock exchange in Warsaw. Bank Millennium was the first Polish bank to be listed on Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- In the 16th edition of “Newsweek’s Friendly Bank” ranking the Bank was No. 1 in the “Bank for Mr. Kowalski” category; 1st in “Mobile Banking” and 2nd in “Internet Banking”.
- The mobile app introduced the functionality of purchasing city transport tickets and paying for car parking; while the internet banking system gained the functionality of creating a Trusted Profile, which opens access to public administration services. For this last solution the Bank received the “Breakthrough Collaboration in Financial Services” award in BAI Global Innovation Awards.
- The Golden Banker plebiscite and more awards. The Bank won in the “Personal Account” category and came second in “Mortgage Loan” and “Best Quality of Service”. It was also again acclaimed as one of the safest banks in Poland.
- Global Finance Magazine hailed the Bank as “Best Consumer Digital Bank in Poland” while in the “Best Trade Finance” category as “Best bank in CEE”.
- In the mobile app and the Millenet internet banking system travel insurance can now be bought. Thanks to the unique “Travel Assistance” option customers can get in touch with their insurer very quickly.
- The Bank was included in FTSE4Good Emerging Index, one of the FTSE4Good series of indexes created by FTSE Russell, a member of the London Stock Exchange.
- After ten years of cooperation the Bank became the title sponsor of MILLENNIUM DOCS AGAINST GRAVITY – the biggest documentary films festival in Poland; it also launched its Twitter profile.
- Joao Bras Jorge, Chairman of the Management Board of Bank Millennium, became the new President of the Polish-Portuguese Chamber of Commerce.
- The Bank received “The 2016 World’s Best Consumer Digital Banks In Central & Eastern Europe” awards from Global Finance magazine in following categories: “Best mobile banking app” and “Best trade finance services” for corporate banking.
- The Bank launched the possibility to purchase motor insurance fully online (in the mobile app and in the Millenet transactional system); it also introduced a service, which allows using a phone to make contactless payments just as with a contactless card.
- In the 15th edition of “Newsweek’s Friendly Bank” ranking the Bank came second in: Mortgage and Internet Banking and third in Traditional and Mobile Banking.
- Customers were given access to Polish e-administration: they have started using the ZUS Electronic Services Platform via internet banking; they can also fill-in and submit applications for “Family 500+” programme benefits.
- In the “Financial ABCs” programme the Bank Millennium Foundation arranged close to 200 workshops in 70 kindergartens. In this way they trained more than 5000 kindergarten kids from all over Poland in finance-related terms and expressions.
- The Bank was awarded the CSR Silver Leaf in a report prepared by Polityka weekly and Deloitte advisory company; also yet again it was included in Respect Index – an index of socially responsible companies listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- Bank Millennium is one of the six banks that have launched payment system via mobile phone BLIK in their mobile applications.
- The Bank announced revised strategy for the next three years (2015-2017)
- Bank Millennium won in Poland’s most prestigious Newsweek’s Friendly Bank ranking. Millennium was considered to be the best in terms of quality of retail customers’ service (traditional banking). The Bank repeated its last year’s success and again won in the “Internet Bank” category and was also considered to be the best in the “Mortgage Banking “ category.
- The winner of the Golden Sceptre prize was Polish Radio Theatre.
- Mr Joao Bras Jorge, Chairman of the Management Board of Bank Millennium, became a member of the Council of the Polish Bank Association.
- Bank celebrates its 25 anniversary.
- Bank’ new website is launched. The most important change is its responsiveness - this means that it is displayed properly on all devices: computers, tablets and smartphones.
- In the thirteenth annual Newsweek’s Friendly Bank 2014 ranking Bank Millennium won in “Bank in the Internet” category and came second is “Bank for retail customers” and new category “Mortgage Banking”.
- Bank Millennium passed with a very good score a tests carried out by the Financial Supervision Quality Survey Asset of Polish Banks and Stress Tests. These results confirm that the Bank Millennium, is an institution safe and resistant to potential market crises.
- Jerzy Maksymiuk, a celebrated conductor, composer, pianist and a great personality of the Polish music scene, has received this year’s “Golden Sceptre” award.
- Bank Millennium Group (the “Group”) consolidated net profit in 2014 amounted to PLN 651 million.
- Joao Bras Jorge was appointed Chairman of the Management Board and Bogusław Kott – Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Bank Millennium.
- Mr. Bogusław Kott, The Chairman of Bank Millennium Management Board, was awarded with Honorary Award granted by the Chapter of the „Polish Banking Leader" award for „vision and creation of the banking sector".
- On 24 October, Mr. Bogusław Kott, Chairman of the Bank Millennium Management Board, submitted resignation from performed function and became a member of the Bank Millennium Supervisory Board. The Board elected him the Supervisory Board Chairman.
- Danuta Szaflarska, outstanding theatre, movie and TV actress was awarded with the „Golden Sceptre" – awarded by Bank Millennium and the Polish Culture Foundation.
- Bank Millennium was ranked top in „Friendly Bank – Retail Client" in the annual ranking of the best banks in Poland prepared by the Newsweek Magazine. In the ranking „Friendly Bank – Internet Bank", Bank Millennium was ranked second.
- The Bank Millennium Group generated, in 2013, its historically second highest annual profit amounting to 536 mln PLN.
- Bogusław Kott, Chairman of Bank Millennium Management Board was awarded "Wektor of the 20 years ", a special award granted by Employers of Poland.
- Bogusław Kott, Chairman of Bank Millennium Management Board was given an honorary title "Banker of the 20 years" – a special prize awarded by „Bank" the Financial Monthly on the twentieth anniversary of the Magazine.
- Bank Millennium was ranked the best and most friendly Internet Bank in Poland by Newsweek Magazine ranking "Friendly Bank – Internet Banking". In the general ranking "Friendly Bank – Individual Clients", assessing the level of service rendered to individual Clients, Bank Millennium was ranked second (third in the previous year's ranking).
- Bank Millennium announced „Updated Bank Strategy for the years 2013-2015".
- Jerzy Stuhr, outstanding film and theatre actor, director, teacher and writer was awarded „Golden Sceptre" award for 2012.
- Creation of the Private Banking segment.
- Bank Millennium included in RESPECT Index – Central-Eastern Europe's first index of socially responsible companies.
- Eminent writer Wiesław Myśliwski won this year's "Golden Sceptre" award, given annually by Bank Millennium and Polish Culture Foundation.
- Bank Millennium began its relationship with Makro Cash & Carry, a company from METRO Group – one of the world's largest cash-and-carry chains, with 1.3 million Customers in Poland.
- Launching of a new mobile access channel to bank accounts through the dedicated Mobile Application.
- Consolidated net profit stood at PLN 466.5 million.
- The Bank carried out Poland's first advertising campaign with use of the You Tube website.
- Issue of Bank Millennium "L"-series shares, over PLN 1 bn capital increase.
- Józef Wilkoń – graphic artist, painter, sculptor and one of the world's best known book illustrators, received the „Golden Sceptre" award in 2010.
- Millennium Visa Impresja credit card received the international 2010 Publi-News Trophees for Innovative Cards award. Impresja won in the European affinity cards category.
- Bank Millennium announces its updated development strategy and targets for the years 2010-2012. The Bank is planning stable market growth both in retail as well as corporate banking, both in loans and deposits.
- Bank Millennium pronounced Pearl of the Polish Economy in a ranking of Polish companies, prepared by the Polish Market monthly and the Institute of Economic Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
- Composer Krzysztof Penderecki was awarded the "Golden Sceptre" award, given for the eleventh time by Bank Millennium and Polish Culture Foundation.
- The Chapter of the 9th edition of a competition held by the Polish Chamber of Commerce and the Polish-American Small Business Advisory Foundation awarded to Bank Millennium the Crest „Business Friendly Bank".
- In May 2008 the Bank honoured its one millionth Customer.
- In surveys of spontaneous recognition of bank brands in Poland, carried out by SMG/KRC, Bank Millennium was in the top three banks with highest recognition in Poland.
- The 2007 "Golden Sceptre" award was presented to Wojciech Młynarski, lyrics author and singer.
- Bank Millennium chosen as a premium brand in the PremiumBrand 2007 independent brand survey.
- The Bank Millennium offer for small and medium companies has yet again been deemed best on the market, ex aequo topping this year's annual „Best SME Bank" ranking by Forbes monthly.
- The annual "Golden Sceptre" award, given by Bank Millennium and Polish Culture Foundation to eminent Polish artists, went in 2007 to Maria Fołtyn, a famous opera singer and director.
- Net profit of Bank Millennium Capital Group in 2007 stood at PLN 461.6 million and was the best in the Bank's history, from recurrent business.
- Bank Millennium is "Pearl of the Polish Stock Exchange" according to "Parkiet" daily.
- Bank Millennium was awarded the title of „Trustworthy Company 2006" in a rating of public companies, prepared by the Polish Institute of Directors.
- The Bank is for the second time pronounced Best Internet Bank in Poland by the Global Finance magazine.
- Bank Millennium, in accordance with earlier announcements, launched a new uniform visual identity in its nationwide branch network.
- BEL Leasing sp. z o.o. – a company from Millennium Group – changed its name to Millennium Leasing sp. z o.o. together with the name change the Company also launched a new logo as well as a new corporate colour scheme, identical for all companies of Bank Millennium Group.
- Bank Millennium is one of the sponsors of the international Planete Doc Review documentary film festival and sponsor of the main prize – the "Millennium Award".
- Golden Sceptre – the 2006 award from Polish Culture Foundation and Bank Millennium went to Tadeusz Różewicz, poet, playwright and prose author.
- Millennium's Internet banking system pronounced best in Poland in the "World's Best Internet Banks" competition, organised by the Global Finance independent international financial magazine.
- 3rd Best Bank for Companies according to the Forbes monthly.
- Again "Top Rated" by "Global Custodian Magazine".
- The number of users of Bank Millennium's Millenet - the online banking system for private Customers - exceeded 200,000.
- Bank Millennium S.A., together with its subsidiary BEL Leasing Sp. z o.o. (legal successor to BIG BG Inwestycje S.A.) signed an agreement concerning settlement of the contract to sell 10% shares of PZU SA, concluded on 21 December 2004 with Eureko B.V.
- "Golden Sceptre" award goes to renowned actor Janusz Gajos.
- Bogusław Kott, Chairman of the Management Board of the Bank, is awarded with business award "Nagroda Gospodarcza" for Best Bank President - 1989-2004, established by Gazeta Prawna to commemorate the 15th anniversary of economic transformation and to honour persons, who exerted the biggest impact on the Polish economy in the years 1989 - 2004.
- Bank Millennium and Telewizja Polska SA inaugurate a joint programme "Pearls of Millennium" composed of high culture artistic events produced and promoted in a joint effort by the Bank and TVP.
- Stanisław Mrożek receives "Golden Sceptre" Award.
- Change of the name BIG Bank GDAŃSKI to Bank Millennium.
- Change of the seat of the Bank, centralisation of the dispersed locations in the new Millennium Plaza building in Warsaw.
- Bank Millennium is in international bank consortium, co-ordinated by JPMorgan Chase Bank, and responsible for organisation and transaction services for Trade Bank of Iraq.
- Bank Millennium - patron of the concert tour "Tomasz Stańko Millennium Tour 2003".
- Redesign of Millennium branches for consistent image.
- "Golden Sceptre" is awarded to Roman Polański.
- Merging PTE Ego with PTE Skarbiec-Emerytura, sales of shares in favour BRE Bank.
- The Bank becomes patron and founder of the scholarship in the Competition of the President of the Republic of Poland - Best graduation diploma in fine and design arts.
- The six-CD album issued jointly with the Polish Radio "Jazz in Poland - 1950-2000 Anthology" wins "Fryderyk" award.
- Merging BIG Bank SA - where Millennium network was created - with BIG Bank GDAŃSKI.
- Commencement of the process of unification and modernisation of IT systems.
- New strategy of co-operation with Clients - as a result of this separate business lines for specific customer groups are developed:
- - Millennium Biznes - for small businesses,
- - Bank Millennium PRESTIGE - banking for affluent Clients,
- - Corporate Banking - services for medium and large companies.
- Millennium Towarzystwo Funduszy Inwestycyjnych receives SEC's permit to conduct its activities.
- Bank receives the title of the Patron of Sopot's Culture.
- Stanisław Lem is awarded with "Golden Sceptre".
- Final shaping of the shareholding structure of BIG Bank GDAŃSKI - Banco Comercial Portugues becomes strategic investor of the Bank.
- BIG Bank GDAŃSKI - sponsor of the Polish Olympic Team - Sydney 2000.
- The Bank receives the title of the Patron of Gdańsk's Culture.
- Start of activities by open pension fund - Otwarty Fundusz Emerytalny EGO.
- Opening of the first 100 branches of the retail Millennium network.
- Jointly with Eureko, purchase of 30% of the privatised PZU SA.
- Setting up, jointly with Polish Culture Foundation, "Golden Sceptre" award and its granting to Jerzy Giedroyć.
- Bogusław Kott becomes one of the Most Eminent Bankers of 10-year Reforms (1989 - 1999) in the readers' survey of "BANK" monthly.
- Commencement of activities by Millennium - advanced retail services network created jointly with BCP.
- Powszechne Towarzystwo Emerytalne BBG SA created jointly with Eureko BV obtains license.
- The Bank sponsors the great retrospective painting exhibition of Marian Mokwa in the National Museum in Gdańsk.
- Merger between Bank Inicjatyw Gospodarczych BIG SA and Bank Gdański SA - foundation of BIG Bank GDAŃSKI SA.
- Issuance of the Bank's issue in the form of Global Depository Receipts listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- BIG Bank GDAŃSKI - official sponsor of the Polish Olympic Team - Nagano 1998 and Sydney 2000.
- Bogusław Kott, Chairman of the Management Board of BIG SA becomes the Banker of the Year in the survey of "Gazeta Bankowa" and Polish Bank Association.
- BIG SA is awarded for the highest turnover on the bond market by the Warsaw Stock Exchange in Warsaw.
- Dom Maklerski BIG sp. z o.o. introduces securities portfolio management services.
- BIG SA becomes sponsor of the international tenis tournament PROKOM Polish Open.
- BIG SA - official sponsor of the Polish Olympic Team - Atlanta 1996.
- BIG SA becomes founder of the Banking Culture Foundation.
- Purchase of the first tranche of the privatised Bank Gdański SA.
- The first-in-Poland separation of Brokerage Bureau from bank's structure and its transformation into an independent company.
- Setting up consulting company BIG Finance Sp. z o.o.
- BIG SA is a titular sponsor and the Foundation for Development of Maritime Regatta Sailing is the organiser of the World Sailing Championship in QT class in Gdynia and Sopot.
- Introduction of the first Polish business customer card - POLCARD BIZNES.
- The Foundation for Development of Maritime Regatta Sailing created by BIG SA is awarded by the Minister of Transport and Maritime Economy, PZŻ and "Głos Wybrzeża" - "Rejs Roku" for organisational activities which led to the professional sponsorship and promotion programme for high-performance maritime.
- Issuance of the first Polish retail customer card - POLCARD CLASSIC.
- BIG SA wins the title "Best Polish Bank of 1993" granted by British "Euromoney" magazine.
- BIG SA becomes sponsor of the Polish Olympic team for Lillehammer '94 and Atlanta '96 Olympic Games.
- The first listing of the Bank's shares on the Warsaw Stock Exchange - BIG SA is the first bank on the stock exchange.
- Take-over of Łódzki Bank Rozwoju S.A. by BIG SA - the first take-over of a private bank in the post-war history of Poland.
- BIG SA wins the title "Bank of the Year in Central and Eastern Europe" granted by the British magazine "Central European".
- Launch of services for the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity.
- Issue of the first-in-Poland international VISA card.
- Founding BEL Leasing company.
- The first-in-Poland issue of investment bonds.
- In a joint effort with Orbis S.A., establishment of PolCard Sp. z o.o. – provider of card settlement services.
- Start of the first professional sponsor programme in sailing – launch of annual BIG CUP regatta.
- The first public issue of the Bank's shares.
- Setting up Brokerage Office BIG SA.
- Pioneering in the area of safe-custody services in Poland.
- The Bank starts its leasing operations.
- BIG SA establishes "Pro Musica Camerata" Foundation in support of opera initiatives of the Warsaw Chamber Opera.
- 7 June - Bank Inicjatyw Gospodarczych BIG S.A. is founded, one of the first commercial banks in Poland.
- 17 July - BIG S.A. commences its business operations.