Update your browser to the latest version in order to use all functions and increase your online safety.Update the browser
Benefit from second PFR Financial Shield support
The PFR Financial Shield 2.0 is a program aimed at providing financial aid to companies from industries that had to reduce or suspend their activity due to the epidemiological situation related to COVID-19.
- Submit the application easily and conveniently via Millenet even if your Shield 1.0 application was submitted in a different bank
- It will be possible to redeem 100% of the subsidy if employment rate is maintained in 2021
- You can apply for subsidy from 15 January till 28 February 2021
- Take part in free online training organised by PFR. Training dates and a registration link can be found on PFR websitelink opens in a new window
Learn more about the program
- for companies with 1 to 9 employees from industries listed in the Requirements section
- the maximum turnover/balance sheet total for 2019 is EUR 2 million
- financial support in the amount of 18.000 PLN or 36.000 PLN per employee
- the maximum amount of the subsidy is 324.000 PLN
- the amount of the subsidy depends on the number of employees and the decrease in turnover
- financial support intended for companies from the indicated industries that have recorded min. 30% decrease in turnover in the period IV-XII or in the IV quarter of 2020 as compared to the same period in 2019
- the subsidy is granted on a non-refundable basis on condition that average employment is maintained in 2021 compared to 2020.
- for companies employing from 10 up to 249 employees from the industries listed in the Requirements section
- 2019 turnover less than or equal to 50 million EUR, and balance sheet total less than 43 million EUR
- co-financing of fixed costs not covered by revenues in the form of a financial subsidy in the amount of 70% of the gross loss for the period from 1 November 2020 to 30 April 2021
- subsidies up to the maximum amount of 3.5 million PLN
- tthe amount of the subsidy depends on the forecast of costs and revenues and gross loss
- for companies that have recorded min. 30% decrease in turnover in the period IV-XII or in the IV quarter of 2020 as compared to the same period in 2019
Check requirements for your company
- Help only for selected industries
The industry is verified on the basis of the PKD code as at:
- 31 December 2019,
- 1 November 2020,
- and the date of submitting an application for a financial subsidy,
in the scope of whether the entrepreneur's activity is performed in one or more of the indicated PKD codes. PKD covered by the program does not have to be the leading PKD code of the entrepreneur.
Based on the decision of the Council of Ministers, the list of PKD codes was extended from 38 to 45, also covering, among others, the trade fair, education, schools and printing houses.
Below you can check which industries (according to the Polish Classification of Activities – PKD) can benefit from financial support under the PFR Financial Shield.
17.29.Z Manufacturing of other products made of paper and cardboard
18.12.Z Other printing services
18.13.Z Services related to preparation for printing
18.14.Z Bookbinding and similar services
47.76.Z Retail sale of flowers, plants, seeds, fertilizers, pet animals and pet food in specialized stores
73.11.Z Activities of advertising agencies
85.59.B Other non-school forms of education, not elsewhere classified
49.39.Z Other passenger land transport, not elsewhere classified
47.71.Z Retail sale of clothing in specialized stores
47.81.Z Retail sale of food, beverages and tobacco products conducted at stalls and markets
47.82.Z Retail sale of textiles, clothing and footwear at stalls and markets
47.89.Z Retail sale of other products conducted at stalls and markets
56.21.Z Preparing and delivering food to external recipients (catering)
55.10.Z Hotels and similar accommodation
55.20.Z Tourist accommodation and short-term accommodation facilities
56.10.A Restaurants and other permanent catering establishments
56.10.B Mobile catering establishments
56.29.Z Other catering service activities
56.30.Z Preparing and serving beverages
59.14.Z Activities related to film screening
74.20.Z Photography activities
77.21.Z Renting and leasing of recreational and sports equipment
79.11.A Activities of travel agents
79.12.Z Activities of tourist intermediaries
79.11.B Activities of tourism organizers
79.90.A Activities of tour leaders and tourist guides
79.90.B Activities in the field of tourist information
79.90.C Other booking service activities, not elsewhere classified
82.30.Z Activities related to the organization of fairs, exhibitions and congresses
85.51.Z Out-of-school forms of sports education, as well as sports and recreational activities
85.52.Z Out-of-school forms of artistic education
86.90.A Physiotherapeutic activities
86.90.D Paramedical activities
90.01.Z Activities related to staging artistic performances - musical group
90.02.Z Activities supporting the staging of artistic performances
90.04.Z Activity of cultural facilities
91.02.Z Activities of museums
93.11.Z Activities of sports facilities
93.13.Z Activities of facilities for the improvement of physical condition
93.19.Z Other activities related to sport
93.21.Z Activities of amusement parks
93.29.A Operation of escape rooms, houses of fear, places for dancing and other forms of organized entertainment or recreation
93.29.B Other amusement and recreation activities, not elsewhere classified
93.29.Z Other amusement and recreation activities
96.04.Z Service activities related to the improvement of physical condition
The condition concerning the PKD is met when the change of the PKD code has been declared by the entrepreneur to the relevant register not later than within 7 days from the date of the change.
- Employment calculation rules
The condition for qualifying for the program is the employment of at least 1 employee as of 31 December 2019. In the absence of any employee on this date – as of 31 July 2020.
For the purposes of establishing the status of a Micro-company/SME, an employee is understood as a person employed under an employment contract, but employees on maternity, paternity, parental, and professional leave are not considered employees.
For the purposes of calculating the amount of the financial subsidy, an employee is a natural person:
- which, in accordance with the provisions of Polish law, remains with the entrepreneur in an employment relationship and which was reported by the entrepreneur to social insurance on the day of determining the employment status for the purpose of determining the maximum amount of the financial subsidy due to the entrepreneur, with the provison that the employment status is calculated on a full-time working schedule, or
- cooperating with the entrepreneur, regardless of the legal form of this cooperation (in particular on the basis of civil law contracts, such as a mandate contract or a specific work contract), and for which the entrepreneur pays social security contributions as at the date of establishing the entrepreneur's employment status for the purpose of determining the maximum amount of financial subsidy.
- Representation confirmation
The application must be submitted by a person authorized to represent the Beneficiary. At the time of submitting the application, it is necessary to attach a confirmation of the authorization of the person representing the Beneficiary. Confirmation of the authorization must be attached electronically at the time of sending the application to the PFR.
- Decline in economic turnover is required in order to apply for subsidy
In the case of applying for a financial subsidy, it will be required to submit the JPK_V7M or JPK_V7K file to the tax authority, in advance enabling the data to be processed by the tax authority and data transferred to the PFR (up to 7 days).
- Additional conditions for the beneficiaries of the PFR Financial Shield 1.0
For entrepreneurs who were beneficiaries of the PFR Financial Shield 1.0, the maximum amount of financing from both Shields per 1 employee may not exceed 72,000 PLN for micro-enterprises and 144,000 PLN for SMEs.
- Conditions for the redemption of subsidies
The financial subsidy is fully canceled, provided that all the following conditions are met. The possible paying back of the financial subsidy or its part will take place after 31 December 2021. PFR reserves the right to specify in the program regulations the exact rules for the return of the financial subsidy and the conditions for redemption.
- Maintaining business activity as at 31 December 2021, understood as uninterrupted business activity in the period from the date of submission of the application to 31 December 2021. In the period from the date of submission of the application to 31 December 2021, the entrepreneur cannot be liquidated, bankrupt or restructuring.
- Only for micro-enterprises: Maintaining average employment in 2021 as compared to 2020.
- Only for SMEs: Accounting for the excess of the granted financial subsidy after 31 December 2021, but no later than 31 January 2022. At the same time it is not possible to compensate fixed costs exceeding the support received. The beneficiary reports the actual fixed costs based on financial statements or accounting documents for the period from 1 November 2020 to 31 March 2021.
- Prohibition of making any payments (including, but not limited to, severance payments, other similar benefits related to the termination of the legal relationship between the beneficiary and the employee, awards, bonuses, profit participation and other benefits discretionally paid to the employee by the beneficiary) to any person with the status of an employee the beneficiary on account of, or in connection with, an agreement (including an employment contract or a civil law contract) linking such person with the beneficiary, the existence of which determines his status as mentioned above, in addition to the basic remuneration.
- It is forbidden to transfer funds from the program, under any legal title, to the owners or entities associated with the beneficiary.
- Prohibition of prepaid loans, leases and other similar instruments.
- Prohibition of direct or indirect financing of a purchase (takeover) transaction, in whole or in part, of another entity, or making transactions aimed at, directly or indirectly, such acquisition or takeover (acquisition prohibition).
- Important information
If a customer incurs a debt under the PFR Financial Shield (Polish Development Fund), it is not treated as a breach of the credit transaction agreement concluded with the Bank - i.e. it is not treated as a breach of the covenant not to contract obligations without the Bank's consent.
Where you can find the application and check its status
The application for the subsidy can be found after logging in to Millenet in the MilleAdministration > Official applications > Financial Shield 2.0 section..
After submitting the application, you can check its status in this section, and from 1 Feb 2021 you will be able to submit an appeal application.
The application for the subsidy can be found after logging in to Millenet for Companies in the Documents and applications section > Financial Shield 2.0..
After submitting the application in the same tab, you can check its status in this section, and from 1 Feb 2021 you will be able to submit an appeal application.
The application submitting process
Prepare all the documents you need to apply for subsidy.
Remember that you need to attach an excerpt from KRS or CEIDG confirming the authorization of the person submitting the application to single-person representation of the company or a power of attorney to file in accordance with the PFR template, signed in accordance with the company's representation. The power of attorney must be provided by means of qualified electronic signatures.
Submitting the application
Fill in the application for financial support for your company in Millenet.
The application is registered and sent to Polish Development Fund (PFR).
Polish Development Fund will verify your application form, and we will inform you about its status.
You can check information on the decision and the amount granted in Millenet.
Worth to know
If the application has been rejected or a lower financial subsidy has been granted than the one requested, an appeal may be submitted. Appeal applications will be available from 1 February to 31 March 2021. If you receive a positive decision on granting support in the amount lower than the one requested, you will receive by transfer to the given bank account the amount indicated in the PFR decision, and for the remainder you can submit an appeal after clarifying the reservations listed in the PFR decision. You can submit an appeal only twice. If you receive a negative decision, you can submit your application again. Remember to clarify in advance the reasons behind the rejection of the application and check the correctness of the data. If you updated details for ZUS/US (Social Insurance/Tax Office) please wait 7 business days before submitting the appeal.