The website of Bank Millennium uses cookie files saved in the browser's memory. In most cases this is needed for the website to work properly. Cookie files never contain users' personal data. Cookies permit building personalised websites, which allow users to decide e.g. about the sequence of displaying certain components. Cookie files are also used by tools analysing traffic on web pages. Statistical analyses performed with use of these tools are one of the sources of improvement of Bank Millennium website quality.
Below is a list of examples of uses of cookie files by the Bank Millennium website:
- Increase of security level,
- Sustaining user sessions on applications, forms, questionnaires and in the transactional system,
- Adapting advertising content to users’ needs on the Bank website, online banking system as well as advertising content published on the Internet with the use of, among others, Google AdWords, Double Click,
- Analysing behaviour on the website with the use of Google AdWords and WebTrends as well as other tools,
- Reporting traffic sources,
- Testing effectiveness of promotional actions.
Cookie files used for identification of user's sessions in Millenet. They permit increasing security, ensuring that all communication to the server comes from the Customer's computer. The server validates the cookie + IP of the computer, which the Customer is using to connect. In case of an attempt made from another computer to impersonate the Customer the session will be terminated.
Turning off cookie files
The user can disable cookies in the browser's settings. When cookies have been turned off it will not be possible to log on to Millenet; also applications will be disabled e.g. the account application. Moreover cookies saved in the browser can be deleted at any time.
Detailed instructions concerning cookie settings in web browsers are available on their websites: